Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kid's bedroom makeover

This room was featured on Design Sponge!
You can see more decoration ideas and projects at my main blog.

My girl's room has been Lenox Tan for over  a year now. I love non-traditional colors for kids rooms. I wanted something that could work for all 3 of my girls. Since it is a tiny room, I wanted it to be non-claustrophobic and and  very calming. I was very excited to see that tans are coming back in style.  

And I was totally inspired by super-talented Tara's use of paper butterflies. I had to be a copy cat. :)
 I painted all of the garage sale frames I had accumulated over the years.
And then collaged them on the walls. The paper butterfly's are just cutouts from book pages stuck on with a bit of foam tacky tape.

The headboards were a church sale find. $20 for both. The footboards are in storage until they have bigger rooms.


I am trying to decide what to do about the valances, if I keep them or not.





I found this bamboo birdcage for $8 and painted it white, hung it on a ribbon from the ceiling and added some little flutterby's. It's kind of neat because when the windows are open it drifts just  a bit and the little wings kind of flap in the breeze.

The best part is; I took the book pages from a copy of "Little Women."


And the reason the beds are slightly off center is the little peanut sleeps over in the corner.



Someday when she get s big girl bed we are going to have to reconfigure the room  a bit; but we'll make it work.
You can read more about this room featured on Design Sponge