Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our bedroom make over...

My bedroom. Gah.
I am not going to lie to you. The before picture is  a whole lotta ugly. 
I actually cringe when I look at it; I'm actually embarrassed.
Let me tell you, when you have 3 kids in 5 years, it messes with you.
Our bedroom was  a dumping ground. We painted it in 2000 when we moved in and that was it. From there it was just  a mish-mosh of what we had, I would hardly even make the bed because I could never get back in there during the day. I would literally get up, throw stuff in there and go. I was so busy trying to make every other space nice, I kind of forgot about the most important one. Ours.


Before... Gah...


When this company sent me some paint to try; I knew it was time to get off my fanny and finally make our space nice for us.

With  fresh coats of paint, new lamps and vintage finds, here's what I ended up with.

After

The vintage curtains, mirrors, and vintage embellishments make the space personal.
I already had the one nightstand and found the other on Craigslist. I then painted them to match, but I am okay with the different handles. I didn't want them to be matchy-matchy.


It's still our old headboard, you can see the make over here.
The drapes were a vintage Farm Chicks find. You can read about how I cut the panels here.


I love the contrast of the dark furniture. It was  a neighborhood curbside find that my hubby refinished about 6 years ago.


The lamps are from Homegoods and the metal flower piece was a very ugly gold yard sale find I spray painted white. The two matching mirrors were a flea market find. 
Total cost was about $300 not including paint.